Posts tagged: wind

Aug 31 2015

Design Wall Monday 08-31-15

Yeah – the Strip It: Wind quilt top is finished.

083115  (994x1024)The top measures 72″ x 78″ and as you can see it is bigger than my design wall.  I think that this quilt will look great on my bed once it is quilted.  When that will happen I am not sure since there are other projects screaming for attention.

First up is replacing the elastic in a pair of pajamas.  I started quilting after 24 years of sewing clothing and when my youngest headed off to college I started quilting.  So these pajamas were made 15+ years ago and only now do they need new elastic.  The fabric is getting a bit thin, but they are obviously well loved.  A couple of months ago I also replaced elastic in a skirt that was made when she was in high school.  It is quite amazing to me that she still has the skirt & pajamas and still wants to wear them.

The next star project is Rangeley Wall Quilt by Deb Tucker.

083115A  (1024x683)I just realized how similar the colors are in this fabric and the Strip It: Wind quilt top.  I must be in a blue/green mood.  Anyway this wall hanging is 32″ x 42″ so it should go fast once I start sewing.  I hope to start the end of this week after I machine quilt my Carolina Chain top.

Check Judy’s Design Wall Monday for more quilting ideas.

Marlene

Aug 29 2015

Saturday Update

Thursday and Friday was spent playing with grandchildren, but I did manage to get a little sewing time.  I now have one mega-block completed for the Wind quilt.

082815  (1024x1019)There are 9 mega-blocks in the quilt top and each measures 24″.  All of the sub-units are completed, so the top should come together fairly quickly.  There will be a 3 1/2″ pieced border on the top and bottom and then – tada – it is finished.  This is my goal for this weekend.

Sometime I would like to resize this block using 1 1/2″  strips instead of 2 1/2″ strips.  But that idea is for a future project since I already have way too much in progress at the moment.  However on the positive side my cutting table is almost cleared off and the wool vines & leaves in the center of the star quilt are done.

Marlene

Aug 24 2015

Design Wall Monday 08-24-15

Today I have a new project on my design wall.  The name of the pattern is Strip It: WIND and it will measure 72″ x 78″.

082415  (1024x755)I started this project 4 or 5 weeks ago and completed the first step.  Now it is time to get busy and finish this quilt top since one of my goals this year is to not add to my UFO list.

This quilt is made with Centennial Solids which is not my regular style, but I really like the colors.  It is a good thing to make something unexpected once in a while.  However, when this is done it is back to star quilts.

The Pretty in Everything BUT Pink quilt is finished – sleeve, binding and all.

082415A  (760x1024)This is the 16th finish for this year which was my year goal.  I wonder what my final count for 2015 will be.

Here is a picture of the backing –

082415B   (683x1024)I like to keep a couple of baby quilts around in case I need one in a hurry.  This one will be perfect for a baby boy.

Check out Judy’s Design Wall Monday for more quilting goodies.

Marlene