The Spiderweb quilt (48″ x 56″) is finished. I machine quilted a giant spider web motif in variegated pastel thread. Here is the best picture that I could get of the quilting.
The machine quilting on the next quilt top has been completed and now I am hand-stitching the binding down.
I used a leaf stencil in the middle and then cross-hatched the rest with a red-orange-yellow variegated thread. Once the black binding is on I will be able to see if I made the correct choice.
While working on all these finishes I have made a decision about my next piecing projects. I have decided to go with a theme – Stars – and have pulled out 8 or 9 star patterns. They range in size from small baby to twin, so I am hopeful to get 5 or 6 done this year.
The first one will be Pretty in Pink using these bright batiks.
I am sure that a couple of other projects will sneak, but it will be fun to work on the different star quilts.
Since spring cleaning didn’t happen around here, I decided that I needed to do some fall cleaning which seriously interfered with my sewing time. But now everything looks clean & spiderweb free – except for my quilt top.
The scene in my sewing room has gone from this
to a quilt top finished today.
These blocks are a bit smaller than the pattern on Bonnie Hunter’s website. I started with a 6 1/2″ square to design the triangles and the block finishes at 8″. This quilt used one yard of the yellow background fabric and one yard of the black & white stripe for the 30 blocks.
I like the touch of playfulness that the cornerstones add to the quilt. No fabric was purchased in the making of this quilt – it is 100% stash.