Tag Archives: Social Sharks

So Long, Farewell and Good-bye

Hello,

After serious consideration over the last 8 weeks, I have decided to discontinue my blog.  When blogging becomes a chore on my to-do-list instead of a fun activity, it is time for a change, so this is my last entry.

For the grand finale, here are my most recent quilt finishes.

Valley of the Kings Counterpoint (60″ x 67 3/4″) – a Mountainpeek Creations pattern – was completed in June. 

It was machine quilted with the panto-graph bamboo.

Bamboo - Pantograph

The next finish was this wool applique wall-hanging Little Quilt Delights (18 1/2″ x 23″)

Social Sharks was the third finish for June which is now hanging in my home office.

I have busy this summer, haven’t I?  The fourth finish is a birthday/Christmas gift for one of my granddaughters – Meteor Shower (72″ x 88″) which was quilted with the panto-graph Solar Eclipse.

My fifth and final finish is the Whatnots wall-hanging Midnight.

I wish everyone much success on their quilting journey with minimal use of the seam ripper.

Marlene

Sharks, Finishes and a Squirrel

My quilting plans for May went a bit sideways.  I did finish the binding on Batik Pineapple Blossom (55″ x 65 1/2″) quilt.  This is a free Bonnie Hunter pattern that can be found on her blog.

This top was pieced in 2010 and I still like the colors.  The panto-graph used was Artichoke with dark grey thread.Artichoke - Pantograph

It is really a good feeling to get these older tops into finished quilts.

I took the below picture last weekend while working on Social Sharks.  Can you find the odd shark?

Yep – bottom right.  As soon as I looked at the the picture, I realized that a step was skipped on B.R. Shark.  It didn’t take long to unstitch and fix him.

This was such a fun project to stitch.  There are several Elizabeth Hartman patterns on my quilting to-do list.

I never know what will capture my attention and demand to be made which leads to my current quilting “squirrel”.

While looking through quilting patterns, I came across a tutorial for a Circle Denim Quilt that was shouting at me to be made.

I decided that my quilt would be 60″ x 70″ish with 6″ circles and a 15 x 17 layout which works out to 255 circles/fabric squares.

Now look – an 8 x 8 layout which is about 1/4 of the top.  It is a bit tricky to stitch down the flaps in the middle of the block, however nice and slow does the trick.

There is a square of batting behind the fabric in the circle centers.  I like the slight puff it gives the quilt and the Thermore batting scraps are being put to good use.

June is machine quilting month and there are 13 quilt tops in the bin.  I wonder how many of them will be come finished quilts.  I guess I had better get busy.

Hope everyone had a Happy Memorial Day Weekend,

Marlene