My fingers are sore, but the binding is completed on the Pinwheels on Parade (49 1/4″ square) quilt. I suspect that it was the hand dyed fabric for the binding that was so hard to hand stitch.
Whatever the reason, this is now a finished quilt. I quilted a free form Baptist Fan with a dark gray thread in the center and a ribbon design with black thread in the border.
Now I am machine quilting my Spiderweb top with a large spiderweb design. The plan is to be stitching the binding down on Friday.
It is very satisfying to finish up these tops.
I managed to find time this last weekend to finish the Pinwheels on Parade quilt top (51″ square).
In honor of all the scrappy happening going on in the top, I decided to dig through my orphan block bin and make a scrappy backing. It is great to find a place for those odds and ends.
Anything that was black, gray or dark was fair game to piece into the backing. And since I was on such a roll, I pieced together leftover stripes for the batting.
I have three tops ready for machine quilting and am hoping to get them all finished in the next 7 – 10 days.
Check in with Judy’s Design Wall Monday to see what everyone else is working on.