The five phases of losing your first tooth.
1. Get a loose tooth and wiggle it for a couple of days.
2. Wrestle daddy and very unexpectedly your tooth will fall out.
3. Freak out and cry for 10 solid minutes because your parents did not prepare you for what would happen when your tooth fell out. Yell over and over that daddy broke your tooth and keep handing it to mommy so she can fix it.
4. Look online at pictures of other kids with missing teeth so you can see how cool it is.
5. When you’re finally feeling better about your missing tooth, smile and tell your parents that now you want a gold tooth there.
My end of year goals are:
1 – Blockhead Baby quilt – Christmas present
2 – Challenge quilt – sew a quilt top using the Card Tricks block for the layout
3 – Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler – 10 more blocks
My stash usage report is 85 yards and my goal is 100 yards per year so
4 – Machine quilt and bind Bow Tie quilt
5 – Machine quilt and bind Wavelet quilt
6 – Machine quilt and bind Bermuda Sunrise quilt
7 – Machine quilt and bind Split 9-Patch
I don’t know if I will be able to get through all seven, but I am going to try. First up is the Bow Tie quilt.
This is the time of year to take stock of the current year and set goals for the next year.
Looking back at 2012 –
- started a blog in January
- taught a class at the local quilt shop
- first year with my HQ Sweet Sixteen
- used 104.471 yards of fabric this year
- completed 3 fabric journals, 3 placemats/doll quilts, 2 growth charts, and 18 quilts of various sizes
- attended a lecture from Judy Niemeyer and Judy Martin
and on a personal note – my son got married and a new grandson was born.
Quilt goals for 2013 –
- Finish 75 blocks for the Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler quilt
- Make a quilt from a Judy Niemeyer pattern
- Start on Storm at Sea quilt
So how was your year and what do you want to do next year?
Happy New Year