Dec 30 2012

Broken Dresden Plates Finished!

I finished the Dresden Plates with string blocks today. You may have noticed the new name of the quilt – Broken Dresden Plates. Bonnie Hunter used pinwheels as a border on her Daylilies quilt, but since I used Dresden Plates it seemed more appropriate to use the broken dishes block instead.

123012

As I mentioned before the Dresden Plates were gifted to me and they are all hand pieced. There is seersucker, lightweight corduroy, and even one blade of knit in with all the cotton fabric.  I really like how this quilt top turned out.

This afternoon I cut the green fabric squares for Easy Street, so I will be ready for the next clue tomorrow morning.

Check out what other quilters have on their design walls at Patchwork Times.

Happy New Year

Marlene

4 Responses to “Broken Dresden Plates Finished!”

  1. Rhonda says:

    What a beautiful quilt. I love everything about it especially the border choice!!

  2. Michelle says:

    That came out absolutely beautiful!

  3. […] I plan on using a 12″ Dresden Plate block and a 3 x 4 setting.  This will be like the quilt Broken Dresden Plates I made in 2012.  There are still a bunch of the Dresden Plates that were gifted to me that need a […]

Leave a Reply