Two non-quilting project – fabric weights and crocheted ric-rac – have enn made.
The fabric weights ( https://weallsew.com/fabric-weight-tutorial/ ) were a quick and easy sewing project once I figured out the fusible interfacing issue. All I have is sew-in interfacing and this project was a use-what-I-already-have project. My solution was to use a glue stick to adhere the sew-in interfacing to the fabric and it worked. The tags were cut from the ribbon around a Moda jelly roll. Isn’t it fun to do something different once in a while?
At the bottom of the picture is a length of crocheted ric-rac. The directions can be found here: https://foxslane.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-crochet-ric-rac.html I don’t have any idea what I am going to do with the ric-rac, but it was relaxing to crochet in the evenings.
My current UFO project is Space Invaders. This quilt project had been packed up in October 2019 because I was unhappy with the color choices. The solid black was too predictable & boring and the focus fabric had a small print that wasn’t playing well with the center. Frankly I just didn’t want to take the time to unstitch all those dang rectangles.
Well, now it is time to get this quilt top finished. Here is my progress so far.
I like it – the focus fabric brightens up the quilt top and is worth the time of unsewing and resewing. The border may be a bit of a challenge since there was only a yard or so of the focus fabric, but I will worry about that when I get there.
So the Simply Sixteen didn’t get lonely, I loaded a quilt onto the frame. The panto-graph is spiders and webs which is the most detailed panto-graph I have attempted to date.
To keep on track, I made a list of 12 goals for May. I have three vacation days in May and the list is divided between quick items and more time intensive items. Finishing the Space Invaders quilt top and machine quilting ShortLine are the top two goals, so I am off to a good start.