Yeah – another finish! I am averaging one quilt finish a week with the new quilting machine and love it. This quilt top (50″ x 50″) is wider than my frame, so my plan was to use a pantograph in the center of the quilt, then free motion quilt the inner & outer border. This plan mostly worked – the biggest issue was stopping the pantograph before stitching into the inner border. I will need to give this some more thought before trying it again.
The next quilt top on the machine was Autumn Card Tricks. Several years ago I had purchased the Top Anchor Baptist Fans ruler, but never had the courage to attempt it with the sit-down machine. Now that I had a quilting machine on a frame it was time to give it a try.
For the most part I was happy with the fans and I knew the more I used the ruler the better they would look. However that came to an abrupt end Friday evening.
As you can see, the ruler broke. I was finishing the third row when this happened, so everything came to a standstill while I reevaluated my options.
It was a clean break, so the two ends could be glued back together to finish the quilt or I could take out the Baptist Fans stitching and redo with a new quilting motif. I decided on the second option since I did not trust the ruler would perform properly until the quilt top was finished.
Now that Autumn Card Tricks is in the “unsewing” stage, I will need to decide which quilt top will be loaded on the frame next.