Five or six months ago I decided that I wanted to make covers for my sewing machines and first up was the HQ Sweet Sixteen. After much online research, I found a great tutorial at Quilt Kisses.
Since my machine is a sit-down model, I did make a few changes. Instead of an open back with a velcro closing, I sewed the back pieces together since it is too difficult to reach behind the machine. Also the bottom of my cover has a hem instead of a binding.
It does look a bit puffy from the side, however it does a great job of keeping the dust off. The next cover will be for my serger, although I have no idea when that will be.
Have a good weekend everyone,