Dec 30 2018

Good Fortune, Part 4

I started Good Fortune – the 2018 Bonnie Hunter Mystery – the day after Thanksgiving. At the time my plan was to make 1/4 of the units until I saw the final reveal, but you know how plans go.

Swing Your Partner consumed my sewing time because I was determined to have the quilt top finished by the end of the year. That goal has been crossed off my list, so now it is time to start in on some serious sewing for Good Fortune.

Bonnie’s color for the Part 4 string units is orange which for my quilt I have changed to gold.

My method for making the Part 4 units is a combination of string blocks and strip sets. I used an Accuquilt die that cuts 1″, 1 1/2″ and 2″ strips which were sewn together into strip sets then cut to width.

I also decided to make all the units for each clue to have a finished quilt at 72″ square, so here are all the units needed for the quilt.

Now that Part 4 is completed, I am returning to the beginning to redo Part 1. Originally I made 1/4 of the total units in red & white, however since I changed my color choices I need to resew all the units in coral & white.

It is a work day tomorrow, but hopefully by Tuesday night all of Part 1 units will be completed.

Happy New Year

Marlene

2 Responses to “Good Fortune, Part 4”

    • Marlene says:

      Thank you. When planning to do Bonnie’s mystery quilt, I should know by now to have an empty design wall instead of being in the middle of a project. Especially when I am close to having a top completed, it is hard to just put it aside to work on clues.

Leave a Reply