Jul 08 2017

Progress Report

It is slow going, but I am making progress on the machine quilting for the Long Time Gone quilt.  I am using monofilament thread in a meander design since I want the fabrics and piecing to be the star of the show.

I went with a wide backing from Connecting Threads to offset all the seams in the quilt top.  Hopefully I will have this finished in the next 3 – 4 days.

When I need a break from the machine quilting, I sew columns together on the Ripples quilt.  I think that there are only ten more to piece.

Last week I also cut all the left over jelly roll strips from Ripples into 2 1/2″ squares along with the background fabric.  There was enough fabric to make 29 9-patches.  What the heck kind of layout uses 29 blocks – maybe on point?  So anyway I went through my Kona solids bin and cut 5 more squares for 30 blocks.  The plan is to make Honey Bee blocks in a 5 x 6 layout.

I also started a new wool applique project for evening sewing.  It is the Primitive Gatherings 10th Anniversary Stitch – Along from (I believe) 2013.  I really need to come up with a new name for this project.

The pattern has 6 parts and the top finishes at 36 1/2″ square.  I plan to make some design changes to the pattern with the first one being the size.  My wallhanging will be somewhere between 18″ to 20″ wide and 22″ to 24″ long so that it will fit on the hanger in the dining room.  I am still considering what other changes I will make, but I don’t need to make a final decision yet.

Well the Long Time Gone  will not quilt itself, so I had better get back to it.

Have a good weekend,

Marlene

 

Leave a Reply