Jun 01 2016

May Update

I managed to squeak in a few finishes in May.  The first finish is the Oriental Twinkle Star quilt top (57″ x 57″).

060116 (1024x1005)

All the fabric came from my stash except for a couple of dark blue batiks.  There are actually three different background fabrics in the top, but I think it all blends together nicely.  I will be using the black & white stripe for the binding.

The second finish is Meteor Shower.

060116A (903x1024)

This top (72 1/2″ x 88 1/2″) is larger than my design wall, so it was difficult to get a good picture.  The diagram for the top shows two opposite corners mitered and the other two with butted borders.  I don’t remember if this was how Pepper Cory designed the quilt or she was just showing different options.  Either way I decided to go with the mitered corners.

Meteor Showers is not one of my favorite quilts, but I am happy to have moved this from an UFO into a quilt top.

I have also been busy working on the wool owl ornaments.

060116B (498x1024)

Only one more to go, then this project will be completed.  Tomorrow I start on the green Lincoln block.

Marlene

One Response to “May Update”

  1. Libby in TN says:

    Twinkle Star is gorgeous! I’ve gotta try that one. I’m glad you powered through on Meteor Shower, too.

Leave a Reply