Jan 15 2016

Friday Update

It is always a challenge to juggle several projects at once, but I have made some progress in the last couple of days.  The small wallhanging that will be my first hand-quilting project is completed.

011516  (808x1024)

As you may notice one of the bowties is leaning in the wrong direction and all the 4-patches were made with matching fabric.  I tried and tried to tell myself that it was okay with the incorrect pieces since I would be learning hand-quilting on it – but I knew that didn’t matter.  So I took out the borders and mixed up the 4-patches along with getting the bowties corrected.

011516B (797x1024)Maybe no one else would ever really notice, but I would have always regretted that I didn’t correct it when I had the chance.  Now I need to find some backing & batting and I will be all ready for my lesson.

I also finished all the embroidery on the small wool applique hanging.

011516A (865x1024)

Since I used to do cross-stitch I have a bunch of floss, so it seemed like a good idea to use what I had instead of buying new.  When I do the wool applique I use two strands of DMC thread, but I wanted the vines and leaves to really stand out so I used four strands of floss.  The pattern also had embroidery for the flowers which I changed to a smaller wool applique flower.  I now have this top in a sandwich and am getting ready to quilt it.

The Dancing 4-Patches top is also a quilt sandwich.  I have been considering several quilting motifs and plan to start it this weekend.

The decision has been made regarding the new leader/ender project.  It will be Urban Cabin by Atkinson Designs.  I have a small bin full of patterns, so one of the items on my 2016 quilting list was to make a quilt using one of those patterns.

I don’t have any cleaning elves living at my household, so I had better get busy so I have time to quilt.  Hope everyone finds some time to quilt this weekend.

Marlene

Leave a Reply