The focus this last week has been on the Tumbler quilt – and it is finished. The quilting was completed on Wednesday, Thursday I trimmed and sewed on the binding, and by noon on Sunday the hand stitching was done. This is the largest quilt that I have machine quilted myself and I am so happy to have a new winter bed quilt.
And since I had so much fun with the backing, here is a picture of it. I am very pleased with the end result.
Oh yeah – this is a design wall post! I decided to take a break from the star quilts and finish the leader/ender quilt top. The pattern is Thirty Something from the June 2015 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting although my quilt’s name will be Scrappy Something since I didn’t use 30’s fabric. The reason that this project was temporarily pushed aside was because I need to do a count to see exactly where I was.
Check out Judy’s Design Wall Monday for more quilting inspiration.