It is January 21st and I haven’t bought any fabric this year. LOL
I have been sewing like crazy and have four out of six wall-hanging tops finished. That’s right – I added two to my list.
- Traffic Jam is a 2021 Whatnots Club pattern by Kim Diehl and measures 21 1/2″ square. The border blocks have some very skinny strings which were a bit of a pain.
2. Playing Checkers (18 1/2″ x 20 1/2″) from the Simple Whatnots book by Kim Diehl. I used the leftover strips from Traffic Jam to construct the center of this wall-hanging.
3. Little Quilt Delights (18 1/2″ x 23″) was a UFO, but is now a finished top. The three flower blocks are wool applique that were completed years ago, however three is not an easy number to work into a quilt and that is exactly why it remained an UFO for so long. In the original pattern the wool blocks were made into pincushions, but I wanted a wall-hanging.
After finding the perfect oriental fabric in my stash, I came up with this layout. The colors are not the typical wool colors which is why it caught my attention.
4. The Patchwork Basket kit by Edyta Sitar jumped into my online cart in December 2021. It is a different style of basket and I liked how open and airy it is.
5. Party of Nine is another Whatnots Club quilt designed by Kim Diehl. This bin contains 50 tiny 9-patch blocks, so now I am ready to start sewing the center together.
6. And the last wall-hanging goal for January is Midnight (2021 Month Six Whatnots Club pattern). I signed up for the 2022 Whatnots Club, so the biggest goal this month was to finish up some of the 2021 kits.
Not a lot of progess has been made on my hand-work project. Here is a rough layout to help me distribute the light/dark colors through out the top. Next up will be finding a background fabric for the triangles that will connect all the hexagons.
It has been snowing here, so I will wish everyone a safe, warm weekend.